March 30, 2009

I've been scanning Ray Stevens...again...

Double click or single click the picture below for a super-size image.

Photobucket

I scanned my cassette copy of Collector's Series. I purchased this cassette quite a few years ago...and when I say quite a few I mean more than a few...cassette's aren't even offered in stores anymore...so that shows you how long ago I bought this cassette. This is an alternate version of Collector's Series containing his Top-40 single, "One More Last Chance", from 1981. There is another release by the same name which omits that song in favor of a 1980 comedy recording, "Put It In Your Ear". It's hard to believe but this is still the only official release by RCA to spotlight the material he recorded for them during 1980-1982...in this day and age of MP3's and CD's it's hard to fathom why this RCA material remains out of print. I have the RCA material on vinyl...and they were transferred onto CD/MP3 for my own personal use by a friend of mine. I have the cassette copy of Shriner's Convention also but even though I have the material I realize not all Ray Stevens fans have the sort of collection that I do and that is why I still harp about the lack of material in print for the latter-day fans.

I know a couple of Ray Stevens fans who I post these somewhat bigger pictures for...I think they know who I'm referring to...but I know all of his fans like the pictures as well.

Like the above picture, click this one for a bigger image. I originally had the bigger images posted but they were just too big and so I made them thumbnails so they wouldn't be difficult for dial-up users.


Photobucket

Now, of course, any self-respecting Ray Stevens fan will know that this release on RCA spotlights two RCA songs...can you guess which ones were on the RCA label? Although this release came along in 1983 near the end of his RCA stay, this featured just two songs from 1980 on the RCA label...by-passing the 1981 and 1982 offerings. Give up? The RCA songs on the above release are "Shriner's Convention", which you should have known if you were paying attention at the top of the blog. The other RCA song is "The Dooright Family".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...