March 25, 2017

Ray Stevens CabaRay Nashville and my DVR...

Hello all of the Ray Stevens out there! I've never claimed to be an expert in technology and so tonight I come sharing some embarrassing moments on my part. For months I've been awaiting for the debut of Ray Stevens CabaRay Nashville on one of the local PBS stations in the area. A couple of weeks ago I set up my DVR to record the program...I woke up Saturday night around 9pm and found out that the episode didn't tape!! March 25th (tonight) is the night it debuted on the local PBS station. Mad, upset, embarrassed...I decided to dive into the specifics/settings of the DVR. 

On the menu I selected recording options. A page opened up and there's an option for recording "new episodes" and one for recording "all episodes". The setting was checked for "new episodes" (it's default setting). Then, in a brain storm, I possibly realized the reason tonight's episode of Ray's television series didn't record. 

In the program description for the show it lists it's original air-date (last year). Remember, in case you all forgot, PBS is re-airing all of the episodes that originally aired on RFD-TV the last couple of seasons. So, given that the program description didn't list it as a "new episode" but instead listed a previously aired date I'm assuming that's the reason the DVR didn't tape the program. So, as an experiment, I selected "all episodes" and hit the save setting button. At the moment the DVR menu has next Saturday's episode scheduled for taping!! I'll give a report next Saturday night (April 1st) and let you all know if the DVR taped the episode or not. I'll be sure to watch the episode, too, as it's airing just in case the DVR doesn't tape it. Oh yes, I learned my lesson...but yet, as I pointed out, I never claimed to be an expert in technology.

2 comments:

  1. Hi AC! I had to work on Saturday and didn't get home until about 4 minutes after 8 p.m. I rushed in the house and got a blank DVD--hoping it would record, as I have had some problems the past few weeks with blank DVDs that wouldn't work---but I did happen to record this first "Ray Stevens' CabaRay Nashville" on PBS--minus the first few minutes. I was hoping there would be a repeat of the repeat that aired, but I couldn't find anything yet on the TV Schedule for PBS. But I know I have the original taped show from 2015. I don't have a DVR yet--just the DVD recorder/VHS recorder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never attempted recording onto DVDs. DVR's, for example, have been commonplace for a long time and only last week did I ever attempt to utilize it. It's built into our cable box...so attempting to record something onto a blank disc would be even more of a challenge.

      I see DVD-R discs in the music/audio/video section of the various Super Wal-Mart stores; and in some of the stores they're placed near the check-out underneath the candy.

      Delete

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...