January 21, 2018

Ray Stevens CabaRay gets Underway...

Hello once again! Well, the CabaRay venue in West Nashville, Tennessee is at last underway. The venue opened to the public this past Thursday (January 18th) and so the opening weekend has completed (concerts from Ray were held on the 18th, 19th, and 20th at 7:30pm).

As he embarks on this chapter of his career I was looking forward to reading commentary from those who either attended the concerts or reading commentary and seeing photo's posted on social media sites from the Ray Stevens office staff centering around opening weekend but so far there hasn't been any sort of feedback posted on-line.

Once you visit Ray's official Facebook page, for example, the discussions revolve around the VIP concert. His last post, to date, was on opening day, January 18th, displaying photo's from the VIP concert. Admittedly I'm a bit baffled by the silence...all of the publicity that I've been able to find on-line for the CabaRay, so far, is the coverage of the VIP event that took place back on January 10th. News reports covering the VIP concert poured out for several days but after the CabaRay opened to the general public there hasn't been any kind of social media coverage emerge from those that attended the concerts.

I'll remain eagle eyed, though...the first concert goer feedback (audience reaction) I come across I'll make note of it. Given that everyone involved in the opening weekend are probably coming down from a gigantic, emotion-packed high today I understand the need for some rest and unwinding time so more than likely Ray and company will provide some feedback surrounding the concerts by Monday. I'm anxious to see photographs and read commentary from fans and from Ray...as if you couldn't tell...but only time will tell if and when fan reaction emerges on-line.


One thing I've noticed is there seems to be a bit more local PBS stations promoting their airing of his television series, CabaRay Nashville, ever since the CabaRay itself opened several days ago. In the past I'd search various local PBS stations to find if his show was being carried but now if you Google the show's title there have been some search results highlighting several local PBS stations that currently carry his show. I don't know if these are new stations or if they've been airing his show but only recently have surfaced on Google's search engine. Whatever the case it's something I took notice of during the last couple of days searching for CabaRay news. One thing I can definitely confirm is my next blog entry will focus on an album from Ray that turns 30 this year...the highly under-rated I Never Made a Record I Didn't Like from 1988. I can also confirm that I'll be posting the look back later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...