January 12, 2018

Ray Stevens CabaRay opens in 6 days...

Hello one and all...we're only 6 days away from the Grand Opening of the CabaRay in West Nashville. In my previous blog entry I shared some video clips of the VIP event that took place at the CabaRay for his friends and family. The big day, though, arrives on January 18th when the venue officially opens to the general public.

I felt like creating a blog post to give some spotlight on some additional publicity surrounding the venue and I'm starting things off with a January 4th article from the online site, Music Row, which I may have already shared with you...I've posted more blogs than usual during the first 2 weeks of January so I may unintentionally repeat myself...but in case I hadn't posted about the article already I decided to just go ahead and provide the article's link anyway. This article appeared several days before the VIP gala but it's still a good article promoting the venue. You can read it by clicking HERE. That particular article was written by Jessica Nicholson. I point this out because after the VIP event at the CabaRay on January 10th a further article appeared in the Music Row publication written by Eric T. Parker and you can read that article by clicking HERE.

The VIP performance ran 90 minutes and some of the audience members included Bobby Goldsboro, Johnny Lee, Bill Anderson, T.G. Sheppard, Steve Wariner, Ricky Skaggs, The Gatlin Brothers, T. Graham Brown, Harold Bradley, Fred Foster, Ralph Emery, Jeannie Seely, and more.

In that article it features a photo of Ray seated at his piano with the official document declaring January 10, 2018 as Ray Stevens Day by Nashville's Mayor, Megan Barry. Stay tuned for further blog entries as I watch the remaining episodes on the Season Two DVD of Ray Stevens CabaRay Nashville. I have reviewed the first 8 episodes of the second season (which you can find over in the Archive list on the right hand side of the page) and there's 5 episodes left to watch/review (each season consists of 13 episodes). Episodes that are to be reviewed include those guest starring Bill Anderson, Sylvia, Con Hunley, Jimmy Wayne, and Reed Robertson. The local PBS affiliate in my area is in their repeat cycle (repeating the 26 episodes from season three and season four) and as a result new episodes aren't scheduled to begin airing until the early summer. Those upcoming episodes were taped at the current recording studio but the next production period will take place at the CabaRay...which opens on January 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...