January 25, 2023

Ray Stevens: Grazing Podcast Long-Form Interview

Hello Ray Stevens fans! I came across a new long-form interview less than an hour ago. This particular interview was uploaded to the internet a couple of days ago but only today did I find it. I was doing an online search this morning and not expecting to find a lot of new things since checking yesterday evening when I came across a link to a website called Your Farmer Scoop. The link's brief description included information about an interview with Ray Stevens on a podcast. So, I clicked the link and listened to the interview. I title the blog entry 'Grazing Podcast' because that phrase is something I seen while on the website. It's a locally produced program and based on the information it's Episode 73. 


I loved the interview...and you're going to love it, too. The audio is crisp and when you listen to the interview you'll think Ray sounds like he's in the same room with you. The interview is conducted at the CabaRay showroom...in the control room. The first part of the interview is a discussion of the CabaRay and about midway through the opening minutes both the host and Ray break out into laughter over the mishearing of the word, Valet, and how it sounds like Ballet. You'll find yourselves laughing as you hear the two of them clear up the confusion. After the opening few minutes the host gets into all kinds of happenings in Ray's career. You'll hear Ray talk, at length, considering it's a long-form interview that lasts a little over 40 minutes. One of the refreshing, if that's the proper word, aspects of this interview is that the host asks lots of questions that you ordinarily won't hear in other interviews. 

I think this may be the first interview in a long, long time where Ray is asked about his music videos...specifically the ones that shown up on his 1992 Comedy Video Classics release. The host relates how much he loves the music videos and singles out various comedic scenes in several of them. I don't want to give out everything and so if you all want to hear one of the recent interviews of Ray Stevens click HERE. I left a comment over there but it's awaiting the website moderator's approval...so, depending on when you click the link, you may or may not see my comment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...