December 10, 2023

Ray Stevens: Year-End Spotify Stats...

Hello fans of Ray Stevens!! I usually try to spotlight this each year and with my busy work schedule this time of the year I don't know if I've mentioned this bit of news, yet, but I'm making mention of it now. Several days ago the music streaming service, Spotify, released their annual statistics on all of the recording artists on that platform. It's officially called Spotify Wrapped but I choose to describe it with simpler terminology and call it the Year-end Spotify Stats.
I don't know if you're like I am but I don't get specific when it comes to online music. Some people are very precise in their definitions but I use words interchangeably. For example: I often use the phrase 'online music' to describe any type of audio that's available to be played online. Now, other people out there, may get more specific and use phrases like 'streaming music', 'digital downloads', 'audience impressions', etc. Whatever word or phrase you use it's all the same to me...and on Spotify it's rewarding to see that Ray continues his consistent pattern and in fact gets a lot of exposure by way of modern technology. I point that particular fact out because it's very easy, or I should say, for a lot of people it's easy for them to push Ray into some sort of pre-determined category and ignorantly declare that the only people who listen to his music are those who "cling to vinyl, guns, use rotary phones, have rabbit ears on their TV sets, and haven't ventured into the current century". Yes, believe it or not, there are some snide, crass critics (both professional and self-appointed) who are prone to making those kinds of ignorant, loathsome remarks and so when Spotify releases the year-end review, and being a big fan of Ray Stevens as I happen to be, it's fun to take the attitude of 'Ha! Ha! In your face, critics!'. This particular year-end Spotify stats show us that Ray's songs received 5.5 million streams. In the listeners category they have Ray with 990.4K (in the range of 990,400 +). Hours spent listening, total, to Ray's songs in 2023 on Spotify is 287.9K (that's nearly 290,000 hours!). A total of 178 countries accessed the music of Ray Stevens on Spotify in 2023. Now, then, how's all of that to bring a year to a close? Also, don't forget, there are still Christmas at the CabaRay concerts going on for the rest of the month. There are concerts on Thursday and Saturday. Search online for 'Ray Stevens CabaRay' for more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...