December 3, 2008

Take a Look inside the Book


Don't laugh at my attempts at showing the contents of the 1977 souvenir book released on Ray Stevens. I rarely use my web-camera except to take pictures on the spur of the moment when I don't feel like dragging out the digital camera or to make very short facial expression video clips to insert in some of the You Tube video montages I put together. Anyway, on the video clip, I show-off the book i've been writing about. I've had this for about a year but forgot I had it because I put it away after examining it thoroughly way back when I bought it...then when I went to clear out some things from my closet I was surprised to see that 1977 souvenir book sitting up in my closet. I'm glad I didn't re-purchase it as it's come up for sale on eBay a lot of times. Maybe in the back of my mind I knew I had that book so I never bothered purchasing it each time I seen it come up for sale?

I also took a picture of one of the Ray pictures...including a brief shot of myself right next to it...as you can see off to the left side of the screen. The video below is my page by page showing of the book's contents, including a lot of mistakes by me...holding the book too close or too far back...common problems when it comes to first timers. Also, it was difficult trying to turn the pages and try and keep the book in the camera's shot at the same time.



I'm still keeping the green and red Christmas colors in a majority of my posts...some posts won't have colors, though. The video is a little over a minute long...I didn't think it would be THAT long because it didn't seem like it took over a minute to show off the booklet but turning the pages added to it. It only has a handful of pages. One of the faces you'll see is Del Shannon...the two were in concert in England back in 1977. I ended the video imitating a routine I saw on SCTV from John Candy years ago...one of his characters named Dr Tongue appeared in mock 3-D horror films and usually two or three times during the sketches, he would be holding whatever it might be, and pull it back and forward at the camera in an effort to make it look "3-D".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...