December 28, 2009

Ray Stevens: Little Boy Blue

Welcome to another blog entry in my Ray Stevens world. It's been awhile back and I don't recall if I posted about this or not but several months ago a couple of obscure songs from Ray Stevens appeared on You Tube. One of the songs, "Our Wedding Day", is a duet with a singer named Gini Hayes. There was another song, "Little Boy Blue", a solo release that I'm including in this blog. I have no idea what year this recording took place...only that it was during sessions for NRC, the label Ray recorded for during 1959 through 1960. It's published by Lowery Music and it's a rather young vocalization. To date there's only been something like 140 plays of the video since October and so that leads me to believe that it wasn't promoted much or it was a victim of bad timing. Sometimes a video upload will emerge but then a couple of hours later other uploads appear and push something else further down a page. I've seen uploads completely disappear from public lists even though they're still available for the public to watch. Due to the relatively low view total of this upload, I'm hoping to remedy that by including one of the songs in this blog...the quiet, piano laced "Little Boy Blue". The other song, the duet "Our Wedding Day" with Gini Hayes, is also available on You Tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...