March 11, 2010

Ray Stevens: Caribou Barbie

Hello all you fans of Ray Stevens! I was pleasantly surprised a few minutes ago when I made my way over to You Tube and found that Ray has uploaded a new music video. This one is hot off the presses as the saying goes. According to the statistics it was uploaded 3 hours ago. "Caribou Barbie" is the name of the new video and I'll give you three guesses as to who the song is about. Give up? The song is about Sarah Palin, of course, and I have only viewed the music video once because I wanted to quickly get the word out through this blog that Ray has a new music video available. After I post this blog entry I'll re-watch the video.



Will this music video rise to the 2.7 million hits of "We The People"? It's hard to tell...it might...considering how popular Sarah Palin is regardless of whether you agree with her politics or not. I don't want to spoil the video for anyone and so I won't go into detail about the sight gags or anything just yet. I'll no doubt make commentary as the days and weeks go by once a lot of people have seen the video. It should become another major video hit for Ray Stevens.

I suspect the video will jump in play totals as the hours/days go by. Remember, though, "We The People" came along at a time when ObamaCare was on just about everyone's mind. This "Caribou Barbie" is not about ObamaCare or health care as you'll see when you watch the video. This music video may attract an entirely different audience at You Tube than those who gathered to watch and comment on the "We The People" video. 3 hours into it's upload life, however, it's tough to tell...after listening to it once I can tell it's a catchy song and so I'm going to go watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...