May 13, 2014

Ray Stevens: Campin' Buddies, Day 2...

Hello to all the Ray Stevens fans!! Filming began on the Campin' Buddies film yesterday (May 12). The Campin' Buddies film?? You may ask yourselves: "am I reading that correctly??". The answer would be yes! In case you missed one of my earlier blog posts and if you haven't visited Ray's Facebook page in a couple of days then you'll be in for a big surprise.

Ray Stevens is to star in a film titled Campin' Buddies. It's currently in production in locales all around Shreveport, Louisiana. His co-stars are Tom Lester, Don Most, and Victoria Jackson and there's a lot of supporting players and extra's that appear in various scenes. In fact, news released earlier today is calling on people between the ages of 18 to 99 (!) to take part in the filming (as extras). It is a non-paying event but the scene calling out for extras will be filmed this coming Friday May 16th. You can read about it HERE.

I doubt that people who live outside of a 30-40 mile radius will show up considering there's no compensation involved. The press release is calling for people in the southern regions of several states to make the trek to Louisiana. If you're interested in being part of a film and maybe catch a glimpse of Ray Stevens and company then go ahead and participate but remember it's for free...you won't be paid.

A couple of pictures from Day 1 of filming appeared on Ray's Facebook page yesterday. You can see those pictures HERE. There hasn't been any solid information given on the movie's length or if it'll be theatrically released or direct-to-DVD or released on-line or if it'll be a combination of all three. Also, there hasn't been any information released about it's premiere. I've read things that state an early June release and other sites that say late June but so far I hadn't seen any sites that indicate a release in July or August or later...and so June must be the month it becomes commercially accessible. I can't imagine it being released in early June, though...filming wraps up on May 31st...and I assume the post-production period lasts several weeks (assuming there IS a post-production phase??).

I made a couple of collages the other day. They're gigantic but I'll post smaller duplicates...

I only made a couple. The imagery should be familiar to anyone that's read this blog or is familiar with it. I've posted these images many times over the last several years. The older the picture, obviously, the more it's been posted. The first image comes from the 1984 promo for "It's Me Again, Margaret". Later, it appeared on the cover of the 1990 Gold album, His All-Time Greatest Comic Hits. Yeah, I know it's a cassette but I still use the term 'album' if I'm mentioning a sales certification. Gold album or Gold record sounds a lot more proper than "Gold cassette" or "Gold CD". Those latter two phrases just don't have the same ring to them as "Gold album" or "Gold record". The third image is of me and some of the VHS home video projects Ray issued during the 1990's. Then there's the picture of me and Ray's Spirit of '76 CD. You're seeing the back of the CD in that picture. The fifth image is of Ray's 9-CD box set, The Encyclopedia of Recorded Comedy Music. Lastly it's me and a We the People T-shirt. That blue space is intentionally blank because I chose a collage grid that had 7 available spaces but I had uploaded only 6 pictures for that collage. The other collage's that I made are here...

This is an experimental collage that I did for a fellow fan of Ray Stevens. No, I don't take requests. I only did these on the spur of the moment because I had come across a free collage making site. He mentioned one of his favorite albums from Ray is 1982's Don't Laugh Now. It's one of my favorites, too...and so I used some images stored on the computer from my digital camera and from my web-camera and put this one together. It's an early '80s feeling...the first 2 images are the front and back of Don't Laugh Now. The third image is of me and the 1985 cassette copy of Collector's Series. Under my image is a close-up of Ray's face (from the 1985 cassette). Underneath the top 2 images is the 1987 cassette copy of Collector's Series and next to that is another close-up but this time I kept the surrounding colors instead of cropping that part out.

Lastly...this is the collage that I sent to the Ray Stevens fan...note that it looks kind of similar but I chose a different lay-out and I did an even larger close-up of the Collector's Series photo of Ray and I removed my image altogether. The image of Ray in the flower shirt comes from my cassette copy of 1983's Greatest Hits. Those close-up pics from Collector's Series and the 1983 Greatest Hits project originated from my scanner. The other images either originated on my web-camera or my digital camera...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...