December 27, 2021

Ray Stevens: CabaRay New Year's Eve concert...

Hello Ray Stevens fans!! This coming Friday is the annual New Year's Eve concert at the CabaRay. Ray has put on a New Year's Eve concert in 2018, 2019, and this will be the third annual event. The 2020 concert didn't take place but we're in a much better frame of mind in 2021 and those who hadn't purchased tickets yet should do so without delay. I am not aware if you can purchase tickets in person/day of concert...so if you're in the area and want a pleasant and festive New Year's Eve celebration to go to my suggestion is the CabaRay showroom just West of downtown Nashville. The New Year's Eve concert follows the abbreviated 2021 season at the CabaRay. I am not aware of the concert dates for 2022...in 2018 and 2019 the season got underway late spring just before summer both years. This year, however, the 2021 season didn't begin until several months ago. I'm sure Ray is hoping to have a full 2022 season of concerts but let's not jump ahead too many months. New Year's Eve this year falls on a Friday...and yes, Ray has his own unique ball drop at midnight when the calendar flips over to 2022. You can read all about the upcoming Ray Stevens CabaRay New Year's Eve concert when you click HERE. I've posted this same link at the end of the blog entry, too.

How many of you have a copy of the box set shown above? It's the 4-CD box set, Iconic Songs of the 20th Century, released earlier this year. All of the songs are on YouTube...available as audio tracks...but as a fan of Ray's I prefer to also purchase the CD copies of his songs so I can have them in a separate format from my computer just in case of tech issues that may arise with my personal computer. Now, a lot of people have their music exclusively on their computer or their cell-phone, they don't bother purchasing CD's anymore. If Ray puts out CD copies of his music I buy those. I purchased this 4-CD box set earlier this year and I purchased the CD copy of his Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore comedy album. I also purchased the digital download of that album, too. The 4-CD box set wasn't as heavily promoted as I had hoped...perhaps he's waiting for 2022 to shine the spotlight on the box set? He released each CD in the box set, individually, one per month...and then the box set came out. Great Country Ballads, Melancholy Fescue, Slow Dance, and Nouveau Retro are the four 12-song compact discs that make up Iconic Songs of the 20th Century

There is to be a Volume Two box set released in 2022, I think? It might get pushed to 2023 depending on how 2022 plays out. Ray has said on multiple occasions that he plans on having another 4-CD box set out...so I'm assuming he means in 2022. In the meantime...there's a New Year's Eve concert this coming Friday! Information can be found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...