February 17, 2022

Ray Stevens: 2008 Interview and Performance...

Hello you all...I'm sure some of you Ray Stevens fans have seen the video clip from 2008 by now. In it Ray speaks a little bit about his approach to songwriting and then he performs an abbreviated version of "Mr. Businessman". The footage comes from a television special that I'd seen brand new in 2008 called Legends and Lyrics. When the television special originally aired I took a lot of pictures with a cell phone I had at the time...sent them to my computer and then edited them for presentation. I no longer have those photos on my computer...but when you watch the video clip you'll see the origins of those long gone screen caps. 2008 marked the 40th anniversary of "Mr. Businessman"...but I'm not sure if that's the reason that particular song was singled out to highlight. The television special aired the very same year that I began this fan-created blog entry. I may have blogged about this television special in 2008 or I may have began this blog several months after that television special aired; if so, I don't believe I would've written a blog focusing on it.


Ray was in his previous recording studio when he provided that commentary and performance. Who knew in 2008 that 10 years later he'd have a sprawling music venue on the outskirts of Nashville called the CabaRay and in an all new recording studio within the CabaRay. Who knew in 2008 that he'd embark on a television series, CabaRay Nashville?? Who knew in 2008 that 11 years later he would find himself being elected to the Country Music Hall of Fame? In a little over a month from now Ray Stevens will return to the concert stage at the CabaRay. I'll blog more about this once we get closer to opening night.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...