February 5, 2023

Ray Stevens: CabaRay Nashville on YouTube Episode Bundle

It's me once more...and in this blog entry, as you could probably tell by it's title, I'm going to be sharing a bundle of episodes of Ray Stevens CabaRay Nashville television show that have made their debut on YouTube over the last month. If you're familiar with this blog you'll notice that I hadn't written an overview/review of any of the episodes that followed Episode 3, Season 3. The reason why I took a hiatus is because the blog was becoming dominated by my reviews of the TV show and I wanted to break up the pattern for awhile. I also, if you remember, have written a review of the episodes back when they originally aired on a local PBS station in my area. Those reviews are still available in the archives here. I didn't want to continue re-reviewing what I already reviewed, if that makes any sense, and so I decided to halt writing about the program. Anyway, though, in that self-imposed hiatus 7 episodes made their YouTube debut. I'll be providing links to each episode. I'll be titling the links after the special guest star. That means if you see a link for B.J. Thomas or Mark Wills, for example, the link you click will take you to the episode featuring that guest star.








Each CabaRay Nashville season is 13 episodes and so we're nearing the end of Season Three. Episode 11 guest stars Duane Eddy and it'll make it's YouTube debut on February 10th. There are Six seasons altogether of Ray's program. When you do the math 13 episodes multiplied by 6 seasons equals 78 episodes. If this series is all new to you then you should know going in that it's a music talk-show...with music as the main emphasis. There is an interview segment...the special guest sits next to Ray's red piano during this part of the show. Sometimes the special guest will sing a duet with Ray...almost always the duet will be the guest doing the majority of the singing as Ray plays the piano and sings harmony. Ray opens and closes the main part of the show with a song. The special guest sings two songs. There are taped comedy sketches and additional video content inserted into the episodes, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...