October 7, 2018

Ray Stevens: CabaRay Christmas...

Even though we're still a little less than a month away from the November kickoff of Christmas at the CabaRay I thought I'd put together a second Christmas-themed blog entry. In my previous blog entry I wrote a curiosity wondering what Ray would be titling his concert series...given that I was a few days late in hearing about the upcoming Christmas-themed concerts at the CabaRay I neglected to do any kind of on-line image search. I did one this morning and I came across an image promoting the upcoming series of concerts and indeed the series will be titled Christmas at the CabaRay. I should have known this already because the video clip I posted in my previous blog entry has that phrase within the clip's title. Admittedly I hastily put together that previous blog entry without doing much research beforehand...the excitement of seeing something new from Ray on YouTube overtook my usual lengthy research. So, then, this is the official publicity photo for the upcoming series of concerts at the CabaRay Showroom...


In the comments section of the video clip on YouTube promoting this upcoming concert series there's a remark left by someone stating that Christmas decorations shouldn't be on display until after Thanksgiving. I don't never, well, rarely ever, engage in on-line arguments (anymore) so I never replied to the comment. In my younger years on the internet (early 2000s) I'd freely engage what I soon to learn were called trolls and I'd argue back and fourth, etc. but I long since stopped doing that kind of thing because you'll never convince somebody of something if they've already got their heels dug in and you'll rarely get me to change my mind once it's made up...so I don't argue on-line hardly at all. Having said that let me say that most families, traditionally, wait until after Thanksgiving to put up their Christmas decorations. However, this often doesn't apply to the entertainment industry. Holiday themed movies and Christmas decorations and even Christmas candy are typically up for sale in retail stores, for example, after Halloween...let alone Thanksgiving in late November...and so Ray putting together a Christmas show beginning in early November isn't some sort of sin due to it happening before Thanksgiving. As you can see in the publicity banner you have plenty of chances to attend the Christmas concert series as they'll be taking place from November 2nd to December 29th. All the information about the CabaRay Showroom can be found HERE. Once there click the Tickets menu button for further information.

In addition to the announcement about the upcoming series of Christmas concerts at the CabaRay Showroom let's not forget about the on-line auction and upcoming Ray Stevens Charity Golf Classic later this month at the Temple Hills Country Club. There are 95 items up for a bid but not everything is focused on Ray's career...most of the activity, no surprise to me, is in the music memorabilia section and it's in that area where you will see some rare items (such as a 1978 concert poster featuring the photo of Ray that appears on his 1976 Just for the Record album). There's also autographed copies of what's known as Hatch Show Prints as well as an autographed copy of his 1980 Shriner's Convention album. Here is the home page of the CHARITY GOLF CLASSIC website. The golf game pre-tournament events will take place at the CabaRay Showroom on Sunday October 21st beginning at 5pm. There will be a concert from Ray at the showroom beginning at 7:30pm Sunday night. The charity golf tournament itself will take place on Monday October 22nd. Much of what I just wrote can be found with even more information by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...