February 10, 2019

Ray Stevens CabaRay Concerts 2019...

Hello all once again!! As I've often mentioned in a lot of my previous blog entries if I hadn't written one in awhile it's more than likely there's not much happening in the career of Ray Stevens that's been publicly released for conversation/discussion or I imposed a hiatus on myself so some of my previous blog entries can be discovered by those that come across this particular blog several days or weeks later. If I were to write several blog entries in a day's time it creates the practice of blog burying whereas a blog written earlier in the day gets buried by blog entries written later in the day, etc. etc. and in this day and age with short attention spans it's not necessarily a good idea, I think, to engage in blog bombardment. Anyway..it's technically been a week (my last blog entry being February 3rd) and so I figured it's a good a time as any to create a new blog entry. As you can tell from the blog entry title this one is centered around the upcoming season of concerts at the CabaRay showroom. I'll be closing this blog entry with the bigger image of the CabaRay but I didn't want to have that particular image up top...it looks more visually appealing (to me) as a blog entry closer due to it's banner design. I've began previous blog entries with the larger version of that image before...but I prefer it as a closer.

It's been nearly a year since my brother and I attended a concert at the CabaRay (March 1, 2018) and the day I selected to attend happened to be on a Thursday night. The CabaRay had it's grand opening late in January of 2018...not necessarily the ideal time to kick off a performance venue in the midst of winter weather...but I've assumed the reason for that kick-off was tied into his professional connections to Nashville with the fact being that he moved from Georgia to Tennessee in January of 1962 and his birthday being January 24th...so several factors may have played a part in the CabaRay opening it's doors to the public in the month of January. By the way...the photo above depicting the showroom's red letters in the evening/night hours...as my brother and I were driving away from the showroom you could see the letters from the interstate and yes there was some sadness overcoming me as we drove further and further away...I didn't want to leave. Now, obviously, you could see those red letters in the daytime but it was neat to see the letters in bright red lights. If I recall correctly I made mention of the CabaRay letters and the overall exterior design in my review of our trip to Nashville. Search the archives over on the right hand side of the page in the March 2018 section.

Just exactly when does the upcoming concert season at the CabaRay get underway?? Well, the first concert of the season will be on a Thursday. The date being March 14, 2019. In the early months there's three nights of concert performances (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) just as there had been last year. By the time the summer vacation season rolls around it reverts to Friday and Saturday nights for the bulk of the year and then it gradually slips in a Thursday performance as the calendar gets closer to the holiday season. You can visit the CabaRay ticket page by clicking HERE. Once you open the page click the calendar forward arrows to open up the month of March. The dates containing a concert is circled. You can click on any month of the calendar to find concert dates, of course. If you click on a specific day you'll then be taken to a page where you can purchase tickets for that specific day of the week. The floor seats come with a dinner. If you prefer to just attend a concert without the dinner or any of the other perks then there's balcony seating. You'll still be getting a great view of the concert and of Ray but without the dinner experience.

Given that Ray is to release brand new recordings at some point this year and some on-line music videos along the way I'm making a guess that the CabaRay gift shop will probably be an exclusive location to purchase the new projects until they become available for on-line purchase through his web-store but then again the projects may become available through his on-line web-store prior to their availability on Amazon and other on-line sites that sell music. As of this writing there's not been any concrete information released concerning any future projects and in what manner they would become available...all I know is what you know from his most recent interview which took place a couple weeks ago prior to his birthday. We know there will be a music video at some point and a series of CD's containing songs he's recorded over the last number of years. You can read that interview by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...