May 2, 2019

Ray Stevens uploads Vintage Commercial...

Hello all...yes, it's me posting a blog entry about Ray Stevens in the middle of the day!! This usually doesn't happen unless I find myself awake for some reason during daylight hours (being a night owl, third shift, overnight worker I'm not usually awake at 2:40pm). Anyway...I find myself awake and I decided to check the computer. I didn't have the computer on at all Wednesday due to severe storms that passed through here. I get onto the computer about 20 minutes ago and discover that Ray Stevens, yesterday, uploaded a vintage television commercial advertising Flav-O-Rich ice cream.



In blogs past I've written about Ray's former involvement with the dairy company and I've posted print advertisements from early 1980s newspapers that I'd come across on-line showing Ray endorsing the products but this is the first time the television commercials have been posted on-line. Well, just one commercial's been uploaded for now, but he did more...and hopefully some of the others will be posted at some point. I don't know the year that the commercial aired...I'm saying mid 1980s...perhaps as late as 1985? Also, I've never found out whether those commercials that aired on television were regional or national...I'm guessing the television commercials were regional/local while the print advertisements were national.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...