December 15, 2019

Ray Stevens: One on One Interview...

Hello all...and yes, if you read my previous fan created blog entry, I mentioned that it would probably be the last one to appear until I compose a blog entry re-capping 2019 in the career of Ray Stevens but I looked on the lower right hand side of my computer and seen that today's date is December 15th and I wouldn't...more precisely I couldn't...dare to bring myself to not write any blog entries until after Christmas. I did mention that I'd probably write a blog entry if breaking news happens or if Ray uploads an audio track of one of his Christmas songs. In addition to not wanting to create a long drought of no new blog entries I decided to create a blog entry that specifically gave his television interview on WCTE proper attention. I provided links and discussed facts surrounding the interview but it's among a lot of Christmas themed writings in my previous blog post and so the link to the WCTE television series could easily get overlooked. A promo article published on December 5th by the Upper Cumberland Business Journal centering around Ray's December 12th WCTE appearance can be found HERE. I post that link because it's sort of like an appetizer for the main dish of Ray Stevens. Located below is a screen cap of Ray seated in the balcony area of his CabaRay showroom. The interview on WCTE, as you can tell, takes place inside the showroom.

2019
The interview is featured on a television series called One on One, hosted by Becky Magura. It's a local television program and given that I live several states away from Tennessee I don't receive this channel in my area and didn't know of the program's existence given it airing locally. However, the PBS station that carries the interview show, WCTE, is the presenting station for the Ray Stevens CabaRay Nashville television program and so I knew of that PBS network because the PBS station in my area that carries Ray's show, WCVN, displays an on-screen distribution credit for WCTE prior to the start of each episode. I came across another website which features the Ray Stevens episode of One on One and you can watch the video by clicking HERE. The video itself is rather large...I prefer videos to be a bit more smaller. I clicked the settings for the video while at the website but the video box didn't change it's size but nevertheless it's the full episode and I'm assuming it'll remain on-line. I don't think it's one of those limited availability postings which vanish without warning and so if you come across this blog entry days or weeks from now the link should still take you to the Ray Stevens interview.

Those of you that live in the WCTE area this One on One episode will repeat at 6:30pm today (December 15th) also, for those that get WCTE in your area, the episode of CabaRay Nashville airing today at 3pm will guest star Williams and Ree.

As a reminder, and it's totally your decision, think about making a donation to the PBS stations that air Ray's television program. If your local PBS station carries his television program, regardless of the time of day it airs, as a thank you give a donation to them. On all local PBS websites there's a make a donation link...you don't actually have to wait until a 'pledge break' to make a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...