August 29, 2011

Ray Stevens and Comedy Music...

A few days ago a brief article on Ray Stevens appeared in a newspaper. The article gave some spotlight on the upcoming comedy song Encyclopedia that Ray's working on plus it mentioned the enormous success he's been having on You Tube with his political music videos. I wasn't going to spotlight it because it is a brief write-up but then I decided that since I want this blog to be rather thorough then I should include any write-up I come across, large or small, that's been written about Ray since late 2008.

Upon reading that article return here and click the following links to hear audio interviews from Ray.

The first interview is what I'm calling a contemporary classic that took place on WSM radio with Eddie Stubbs earlier this month. The Intimate Evenings series featured Ray as a special guest on August 1st and the audio archive is available below. The show ran 2 hours in real time, including commercial breaks. The archives don't include commercials but there are edits where commercials originally aired...

Ray Stevens: 8-1-11.

In a previous blog I mentioned a recent interview Ray gave...that recent interview took place on WLAC radio on Devon O'Day's program entitled Plain Jane Wisdom. The audio link is below...

Ray Stevens: 8-15-11.

Strangely enough Devon O'Day co-wrote one of Ray's songs but it wasn't brought up in the conversation. Devon co-wrote the love ballad "Meanwhile" with fellow DJ Gerry House and singer Billy Dean. The song can be found on Ray's 1993 CD, Classic Ray Stevens. It was during the WLAC interview that Ray named quite a few of the songs that'll be on the Encyclopedia of Recorded Comedy Music.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SO much for mentioning our interview with the always stellar Ray Stevens. And no - I didn't mention Ray's recording of "Meanwhile" - because well...if I have Ray's time, I want him to talk about him, not me. : ) - You are precious to mention the song however, and I'm ever so grateful and honored to be a small part of his huge discography. -- Thanks for spreading the word about the show! Devon O'Day - Plain Jane Wisdom

    ReplyDelete

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...