February 17, 2014

Ray Stevens and Hee Haw...1975...

Late last night I posted a blog/review of the October 1975 appearance of Ray Stevens on Hee Haw. It happened to be the fifth episode of the 1975-1976 television season and more specifically it aired on October 11, 1975. As hard as it is to believe, it was just his third appearance on the program. He made his first two appearances in 1972. He appeared on the 1972-1973 season opener on September 16, 1972 (singing "Turn Your Radio On" and "Along Came Jones") and then a second appearance happened on November 25, 1972 (singing "Isn't It Lonely Together" and "Gitarzan"). Each of those performances had been taped in the summer of 1972.

Then, three years pass by, and finally in October 1975 Ray Stevens makes a third appearance and in the blog entry I posted prior to this one I detailed that episode so I won't go over what I already mentioned. In this blog entry I'm posting the video clips of his performances...we start with "Indian Love Call"...



Isn't that just the greatest??

Okay, now we have his big hit that year, "Misty"...



I love seeing classic clips of Ray Stevens!!! Hopefully you all do, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...