March 12, 2015

Ray Stevens: The Taylor Swift Music Video, entry 4...

Hello and how's Thursday going so far!? Looking at the calendar I see that today's the 12th and that means we're less than 2 weeks from the release of Here We Go Again!, the upcoming comedy CD from Ray Stevens. The release date for the CD is March 23rd and the release date for the Mp3 is March 24th, according to Amazon. Let's see, doing the math, that's 12 more days to go until the CD arrives.


I'm sure most of you all that read this on a regular or semi-regular basis have done put in your pre-order for the CD or at the very least listened to the audio clips Ray uploaded onto his YouTube channel the other day. Based only on the audio clips I predict the following to be pushed as single releases in the future: "You Didn't Build That", "Pickin' on the Chicken", and "There Must Be a Pill For This". I'd also love it if he were to promote the song "A Handshake Will Do" at some point. Click HERE to Pre-order the CD from Amazon.

The first single release from the CD as you should all be very familiar with is "Taylor Swift is Stalkin' Me". Every so often Ray issues CD singles and sometimes EP singles (extended play...meaning more than 2 songs but less than 5) but ever since late 2009 Ray's issued music video singles onto YouTube on a fairly frequent basis. Given the road blocks set up on mainstream country radio and the various music video channels on television, YouTube is like a God-send for those of Ray's generation and even for those that are younger but may have a difficult time getting radio airplay.

A video single that reaches the masses is pretty much the equivalent of a radio single that reaches the masses...the only difference being the manner in which the music is being publicized. In Ray's case it's video and YouTube. 

The current music video's gotten an additional 4,551 unique views since Sunday and that brings the total so far to 63,083. To put it into perspective, Ray's video is being seen pretty much by more people on a daily basis than the average radio listener is going to hear the current #1 song during a given week.

Several blogs ago I mentioned that I'd started purchasing items on eBay once again after a nearly 5+ year hiatus. Since the return I've added 3 vinyl LP's to my collection of Ray Stevens items. I posted a picture of the RCA Greatest Hits LP and RCA's Collector's Series that I'd purchased...I'm waiting on several more vinyl LP's to arrive in the mail. One arrived the other day...

1984's He Thinks He's Ray Stevens is a Platinum selling album for Ray (over a million copies sold) and I'd only had the cassette copy for the longest time and then I purchased the re-issue on CD under the alternate title Mississippi Squirrel Revival at some point in the late 1990s. At long last I purchased the vinyl LP copy on eBay for the cheapest selling price (of course!) and there it is in all it's impeccable glory. The other 2 vinyl albums I purchased on eBay that should arrive by Saturday or Monday (at the latest) is MCA's Platinum selling Greatest Hits from 1987 and Ray's 1989 studio album, Beside Myself. I've got the 1987 release on cassette but have always wanted the LP copy, too. I also have the 1989 release on cassette and under a different title on CD, re-titled At His Best, but I've always wanted the vinyl copy as well. Once I get those vinyl albums in my possession I'll obviously post pictures for all to see.

I'm an obsessive fan of Ray's...can't you tell?? Here's the latest Ray Stevens music video...enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...