January 18, 2018

Ray Stevens CabaRay open to the Public...

Hello one and all...it's opening day at the CabaRay and it's my 1,000th fan created blog entry on the career of Ray Stevens. I look forward to reading any commentary that is likely to pour out on social media later tonight. I work nights and so I'll have to catch up tomorrow morning to see how opening night went. After 2 years of construction and at least 4 years in the planning/talking stages it's finally ready to accept the public!

Do you remember Ray first mentioning a CabaRay venue? If I remember correctly he was mentioning it during his book signings and interviews during his memoir tour. I couldn't find any mention of the proposed venue in the book itself but nevertheless it had been a much talked about venue and today it opens to the general public.


An interview took place yesterday on the local FOX affiliate in Nashville, WZTV, in a segment called Rock and Review hosted by Eric Dahl. It's ten and a half minutes in length and Ray gives his vision and goals of the venue and the reason behind it. It's a lovely looking venue...and at night the red letters light up and can be seen for blocks around. I've posted the night time look hadn't I? In case I hadn't here it is...


The interview Ray gave to Eric Dahl's been uploaded to Ray's YouTube channel and I'm sharing it here...



Ray will be performing at the CabaRay on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday during the remainder of this month. January 18, 19, 20 and then concerts resume on the 25th, 26th, and 27th. He'll be doing 10 concerts during the month of February. You can check out the calendar on his CabaRay website by clicking HERE. The link opens to a page showing concerts for January. If you want to look ahead simply click the forward arrow over on the left hand side of the page above the calendar. The page also gives telephone hours for ticket information and the venue's address.

If you're not able to attend any concerts during opening weekend then by all means look at future concert dates. I'll return in the morning and post whatever I find on social media dealing with opening night at the CabaRay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...