January 9, 2021

Ray Stevens audio clip: "She Loves Elvis Better Than Me"...

Hello all you fans of Ray Stevens!! I know it's been several days since I'd written a fan created blog entry but I've been on-line...like most of the country I've been emotionally sorting through the aftermath of what took place this past Wednesday at the U.S. Capitol and all of the images that surfaced and all of the talk and chatter that's surfaced on television and on-line since then. In my previous blog entry I shared the video clip of Ray Stevens singing "Nashville" on his locally syndicated PBS series. Since that time Ray has uploaded several video clips on his YouTube channel. He uploaded a video clip of Deanna Carter singing "You and Tequila" as well as a clip of John Rich singing "The Good Lord and the Man". I'll be embedding those video clips in future blog entries. The one I'm embedding in this entry is an audio clip of Ray's 1997 recording, "She Loves Elvis Better Than Me". Ray has recorded several songs featuring Elvis as a subject such as "I Saw Elvis in a U.F.O.", "Mama's in the Sky With Elvis", and an audio I shared recently called "King of Christmas". In a 1962 recording called "The Rock and Roll Show" Ray gives an exaggerated Elvis-type vocalization to a rocker called Tommy Jimmy. In the 1997 recording Ray plays the role of a husband who has to resort to becoming Elvis Presley, literally, in order to have any kind of a relationship with his own wife. The song, as you can see, comes from his 1997 comedy album, Hum It. This is the album that also features "Virgil and the Moonshot" and "Too Drunk To Fish"...two songs whose music videos have been seen on-line by millions. It also contains the marvelous "I'll Be in Atlanta", "R.V.", and a duet with J.D. Sumner, "Mama Sang Bass". Comedy and humor is perfect for some mental escape from the seemingly bleak day-to-day happenings...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...