January 24, 2021

Ray Stevens: 2021 Birthday Photos...

I have returned!! That's the name of a Ray Stevens album come to think of it...but I have returned to post some of the birthday photos of Ray Stevens that were posted on his social media sites earlier today. Ray's birthday is today...born January 24, 1939 in Clarkdale, Georgia. This is just one of the pictures...from the looks of the background it resembles the kind of interior of his CabaRay showroom. I'm assuming that's where the photos originated since his base of operations is at the CabaRay. I know the image of the cake isn't a close-up and so I'll be posting another photo later in the blog. The candles are on what looks like a toy carousel...the lit candles are mounted and spin around in circles, like a merry-go-round, while the one having the birthday attempts to blow out the candles as they spin around in a circle. I don't know if Ray blew out each candle as it passed by or if he, in one large exhale, blew out all the candles at once. The cake appeared as if it were a homemade whipped cream parfait cake...with caramel and walnuts drizzled on top. The legendary Ray Stevens turns 82 today...with absolutely no signs of slowing down...and why should he? His dedicated fans (myself included) anticipate each new on-line video release and each new music project. He's currently signed with major label, Curb Records, and if it weren't for the pandemic he'd be holding concerts at his wonderful CabaRay showroom. It's hard to believe that it's almost a year since everyone felt free to go wherever they wanted and do whatever they wanted without having to wear face masks or be at the mercy of local, State, and Federal mandates and edicts surrounding the pandemic. 

Ray Stevens Birthday Cake; 2021

Will you take a look at the Ray Stevens birthday cake!! It looks so scrumptious you want to eat it right off the screen don't you! I don't exactly know what type of cake/pastry it is but it reminds me of those whipped cream parfait treats but that one looks homemade. It looks like bits of chocolate, caramel, walnuts, and a heavy dose of cool whip. I jokingly asked if Margaret helped make that cake...given that it has so much whipped cream. In case you're new to the career and music of Ray Stevens the 1984 Ray Stevens song, "It's Me Again, Margaret", there's reference to cool whip. January 24th is winding down now but here's another photo from Ray's birthday...

In the photo off to the right we see that Ray is closer to the spinning wheel of candles. Yes, there is a photo of that candle device over on Ray's social media sites, but I never saved it to my personal collection. In my earlier blog entry today, the official Happy Birthday celebration post, I mentioned that I can't wait to hear some new recordings from Ray as we get more into 2021. Although there hasn't been any official word released as to when new songs from Ray are to become available it was encouraging to read the message on his social media pages: "Thank you to all of the fans for your support and love. Ray is incredibly excited to share all of the music he'll be releasing this year. It's going to be an amazing 82!". I, for one, can hardly wait to hear whatever is going to be released!! Does the birthday cake make anyone hungry? My stomach's growling...or it could be my nerves...eagerly anticipated new music from Ray Stevens!! In the meantime I snapped an updated photo of myself spotlighting the Ray Stevens memoir from 2014, Ray Stevens' Nashville. I have several photos of myself and Ray's memoir...one of those photos appears in the picture time-line that runs along the right side of the page. If you don't have a copy of his memoir you can get it at Ray's on-line store when you click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...