February 9, 2020

Ray Stevens: Renfro Valley 2020...

Hello once again...could it be? Is this my fourth fan created Ray Stevens blog entry in a day's time?? Yes, but let's not get too excited...I've been on vacation from work the last two weeks and I go back to work tomorrow and so I'm savoring my last day of vacation as best as I can...blogging about Ray Stevens!!

A couple of days ago I wrote about a Ray Stevens concert this coming June in Renfro Valley...located in Mount Vernon, Kentucky. In my blog, which you can read HERE, I posted an image of the concert advertisement and how it didn't feature a ticket price as all of the other headliner concert attractions. There still isn't a ticket price listed on the Renfro Valley website for Ray's concert but an advertisement on his Facebook page states that tickets, as I mentioned in a previous blog entry, go on sale March 18th. It's my belief that the ticket price of his concert at Renfro Valley on June 21st at 5pm will no doubt be revealed by March 18th...a no brainer on my part, obviously.

Speaking of concerts...the first concert of the 2020 season at the CabaRay is next month!! The first concert of the season is March 12th and you can purchase tickets to the CabaRay on several websites. There's a Facebook page which directs you to the CabaRay on-line ordering page. You can also purchase tickets at the venue's box office. You can find all information by clicking HERE. This year Ray is performing concerts on Thursday and Saturday nights for most of the season. There will be some added Friday concerts according to the 2020 season schedule.

In a recent blog entry I posted an image of one of the record players that I got as a Christmas gift. I'm now going to post an image of the second record player...

That was one of two pictures I hastily snapped with this built-in web camera on my laptop. It's a Victrola Cambridge model record player with an FM radio dial and other features. In that earlier blog entry I mentioned that I'd play a vinyl album or a single on this record player tonight...I hadn't yet. I played a vinyl album on the other turntable already...earlier this morning I played a 1985 RCA album, Collector's Series, featuring eight Ray Stevens recordings. I'll be comparing the playback/audio of the brown turntable with this lighter color turntable. The brown turntable, posted in an earlier blog entry, is a Symphonic brand and it features a CD player and a cassette player in addition to the radio feature. The concept of turntables and vinyl albums have become, within the last handful of years, a novel item with a lot of people who weren't even born when vinyl and record players were the dominant form of listening to music. There's an area in a local Wal-Mart store featuring several rows of re-issued vinyl albums and boxes of record players are located on shelves below. Some contemporary acts have some of their titles available on vinyl. I remember when I began this blog in 2008...at that time I wondered if I was the only one that had vinyl albums and singles as well as a record player...in the years since I've seen a resurgence. I wonder if Ray will ever think about issuing something on vinyl in limited quantities? One of the aspects of a vinyl album is that, most of the time, there were photo's on the back of the album or photo's of the artist featured on the inner sleeve, or there were lengthy essays/liner notes on the backs of album covers. This kind of thing still happens from time to time with CD releases and how liner notes or exclusive photos show up in the fold-out cover...but it's nothing like the era of vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...