February 3, 2020

Ray Stevens sings new song "It's My Job"...

Hello one and all...it's me once again. Earlier this morning a video clip from Ray Stevens emerged on social media sites and now it's my turn to add it to my fan-created blog page. The video clip is of Ray performing at his CabaRay showroom...a new song called "It's My Job". In the performance Ray doesn't exactly sing the title as it's given but rather sings the title as "that's my job" throughout most of the song. When it gets near the end he slips into singing the song's given title. Regardless of that I'll point out that "It's My Job" is an uptempo song...which you'll detect immediately once the video begins to play...and it shows Ray once again displaying how diverse he can be when it comes to the sound and delivery of a song. In social media posts it's mentioned that Ray has yet to record the song but it's from the pen of Buddy Kalb. "It's My Job" and it's here...



Now then...wasn't that fabulous? In the capture below it's Ray Stevens on stage at the CabaRay. There are several screen shots like this that I could've captured but I chose this one. When I see the screen cap I describe it as the irreplaceable, incomparable, irrepressible, legendary entertainer Ray Stevens taking command of the stage.

"Singing these funky songs...It's My Job...it's what I do...".   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...