March 16, 2020

Ray Stevens: 1975 interview with Ralph Emery...

A bearded Ray Stevens; 1975
Hello one and all! I came across this 1975 interview of Ray Stevens by mistake, actually. I was looking on YouTube and seen that a video clip had been uploaded and it was referred to by the one that uploaded it as The Ralph Emery Show with Ray Stevens - June 23, 1975. The photo used happens to be of Ray and Ralph from 1980...and when I seen the photo I thought that it was another upload of the Ray Stevens 1980 episode of Pop! Goes the Country and so I didn't bother to click the video. Anyway, I decided to click that video about 10 minutes ago. I have it on pause as I type up this blog entry. The video clip is actually an audio of a 1975 interview that Ralph did with Ray Stevens. The show, based on what I've heard so far, includes the original commercials that aired. Ralph begins things by asking Ray about "The Streak" and that was the single of his out at the time of his previous appearance. After a few jokes about the song Ralph brings up 'another million seller' from 1970 named "Everything is Beautiful" and gets clarification from Ray that it was a worldwide hit before offering a disclaimer that it came out when he was singing a different kind of way. You'll have to hear his commentary to truly appreciate the humor. "Everything is Beautiful" is played as is a commercial the two of them do on the air for Music City News magazine. I'm not going to embed the video but I'll provide a link. I'm doing that because the photo used, as mentioned earlier, is of Ralph and Ray from 1980 and it'll cause some, like myself, to think it's something they've already seen. You can listen to the clip by clicking HERE. I'm going to go and listen to it completely. I'm sure Ralph will play "The Streak" at some point and no doubt Ray's current single at that time, "Misty". I can't wait to hear the rest of the interview! I hope this interview remains on-line so more and more people will be able to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...