September 1, 2024

Ray Stevens: 12 days and counting to New Single...

Hello fans of Ray Stevens!! It's me once again...and this time around the blog entry is focusing on an upcoming new song set to be released on September 13th. So we're 12 days and counting to the new single. What is it's title?? Well, it has the eye-catching title of "The Boom Boom Gentlemen's Club". Ray posted a teaser of an upload on his social media sites but it only features a few seconds of the music intro. Initially I thought it may be an instrumental and I asked those in the know if there will be lyrics or if it's an instrumental. I got a reply stating that it contains lyrics but they were only providing a teaser, intro music only, to generate awareness that a new comedy song from Ray is soon to be released. I was given the name of an upcoming comedy album but I won't make mention of it as to not get in the way of their marketing/publicity strategy in the days leading up to and after the song's release online. 


As far as I know there won't be a music video of "The Boom Boom Gentlemen's Club" but maybe there's one in the works, that's just me guessing; and, I'm also under the impression that this upcoming comedy album, whenever it gets released, will feature the official recordings of songs Ray has performed on stage at the CabaRay and on select media appearances the last couple of years: "You're the Cupholder of My Life", "Where Are All The 12 Year Old's That Use to Mow My Lawn?", "The More You Cry", and the audio track of "Since Bubba Changed His Name to Charlene". The first two songs mentioned were performed on an episode of Larry's Country Diner as was the last song mentioned. Ray had also performed "Where Are All The 12 Year Old's?" on an episode of the Huckabee television show. "The More You Cry" has only been performed in concerts at the CabaRay

When promoting the upcoming single release of "The Boom Boom Gentlemen's Club" Ray used the photo showing him looking inside the top of a microphone as seen above. I don't know if that's the photo that'll accompany the single release on September 13 when it begins appearing on numerous online music sites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...