August 15, 2014

Ray Stevens: The 1987 Liberty Bowl Halftime Show...

Hello once more!! Yes, it's been a week since my previous blog entry but a lot of that had to do with the fact that as of several days ago the Google Blog Search vanished from cyberspace. I still don't know how much of an impact that might have on future blogs from those, such as myself, that depended on the publicity from that search engine to generate traffic. Going forward it looks as if traffic to this particular blog will have to be generated from social media sites almost exclusively (by clicking the URL links I may post) or by searching Google using the phrase "Ray Stevens blogs". I did that and seen that my most recent blog post (from August 9th) is listed in the search results...and so chances are this blog I'm currently composing will be in the search results later today. I'll be keeping an eye on the visitor stats, too, and see if there's any kind of a significant drop off in traffic given the loss of Google's blog search engine.

Yesterday Ray Stevens posted a video...one that I had never seen before...from a performance that I wasn't even aware existed until yesterday. The video clip comes from 1987 and it's a full length half time show from the 1987 Liberty Bowl in Memphis, Tennessee. Ray happened to be the host of the event and he also performed near the end of the 15 minute extravaganza. The theme of the half time show was patriotism and it celebrated the Constitution of the United States. The original air date of the telecast happened to be December 29, 1987. The video starts out blinking the score at half time but be patient...at the 10 second mark it begins running more smoothly...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...