August 18, 2018

Ray Stevens: Doctor, Doctor Have Mercy on Me...

Yes, it's me and I'm posting the blog entry I hinted about in my previous post. In this blog entry I'm spotlighting the recently uploaded music video from Ray Stevens, "Doctor, Doctor Have Mercy on Me". This song goes back a bit in the career of Ray Stevens and was first heard in 1987 on his comedy album, Crackin' Up. That's the album which features Ray dressed as Humpty Dumpty on the cover. I've mentioned the album and this particular song numerous times in blog entries over the last decade but it wasn't until this morning that I knew a music video had been made. Ray once had a series on a retooled version of The Nashville Network titled Ray-ality TV. It was a series that featured a hodgepodge of sketches and clips mostly from his archives but there would be exclusive content as well. This music video (from 2013) happened to be one of the latter. It had never been on-line until Ray uploaded it yesterday evening. I wasn't on-line yesterday evening and so I didn't see the video until this morning when I arrived home from work. Ray re-recorded "Doctor, Doctor Have Mercy on Me" and eventually placed it on a CD titled Laughter is the Best Medicine. That CD remains, to date, the only place you can find the obscure "PSA Song". Anyway...here's the music video for "Doctor, Doctor Have Mercy on Me". The timeless lyrics reflect all of our frustrations. Appearing in the video along side Ray are Sabrina (as the nurse) and the legendary Ralph Emery (as the doctor).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...