August 12, 2018

Ray Stevens: Nashville Walk of Fame Ceremony...9 days from now...

It's getting closer to the ceremony this coming August 21st when Ray Stevens and company (Jeannie Seely, Brenda Lee, and Ben Folds) will receive their Stars on the Nashville Walk of Fame. I wrote about this upcoming event back on July 24th when I first read about it on-line and now we're nine days away from the ceremony. The ceremony will begin at the Music City Walk of Fame Park at 11:30am Central, 12:30pm Eastern. I do believe in my July blog entry I posted 10:30am Central, 11:30am Eastern. Either I misread the time or it's since been edited into the websites I got my initial information from. Whatever the case...the date is August 21st (which falls on a Tuesday) and the time is 11:30am Central, 12:30pm Eastern. If you're in the area it's a free event so if you happen to be a fan of Ray Stevens or a fan of the other performers why not stop by and enjoy the event if you're able to?

It's suppose to be streamed live and so I'm thinking ahead and assuming that there will be video clips available later in the day or perhaps immediately following the ceremony. I've had some bad experiences with video content that's suppose to stream live...sometimes the content will not load and play but yet sometimes the video will play just fine and then, all of the sudden, just stop for whatever reason and then pick up later...creating a choppy presentation which, of course, isn't easy to follow in real-time and so, usually, I depend on video clips posted at a later time. The photo you see is from a performance by Ray Stevens at his CabaRay showroom in West Nashville. The venue is located on River Road just off Charlotte Pike on I-40. You'll see a billboard advertisement along the interstate with the exit to take so it shouldn't be too difficult to find.


I don't know how long the Nashville Walk of Fame ceremony will be...perhaps they'll spend 10 minutes on each entertainer and then have each recipient speak after their history/time-line is discussed by the emcee...so I think it'll run probably an hour; but maybe there won't be any commentary from the recipients and it'll just simply be a presentation by the emcee and then photo sessions commence featuring each holding their Star. Personally I'm hoping it'll be like other honor's that take place where the emcee is at a podium and each Plaque is revealed while the emcee tells of the recipient and then asks the recipient to speak. I knew of the Nashville Walk of Fame but I didn't know a whole lot about it's purpose. I thought it was a walkway of entertainers already elected to the Country Music Hall of Fame considering it's close proximity but I've learned a lot in just under a month. It's a walkway not exclusive to country music and not exclusive to Country Music Hall of Fame members.

For the record, Ray Stevens is not a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame but this upcoming ceremony will further acknowledge his multi-faceted career (after already having been inducted/elected to the Nashville Songwriter's Hall of Fame in 1980, the Georgia Music Hall of Fame in 1980, the Atlanta Country Music Hall of Fame in 2001, the Christian Music Hall of Fame in 2009, and recognition as a Nashville Cat for his session work by, ironically, the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2010).

Ever since the news broke of the upcoming Nashville Walk of Fame ceremony there have been a number of websites that have shared the news (obviously!) and I'd like to provide some links to a couple of them. The links will take you from this particular blog...but return and click the other links as well. I'll obviously be writing a blog post on the day of the Nashville Walk of Fame ceremony...nine days from now!

GARY HAYES COUNTRY

MUSIC ROW

TASTE OF COUNTRY

NASH COUNTRY DAILY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...