August 5, 2018

Ray Stevens and CabaRay Wine...

Hello once more! This particular video clip's been on YouTube for a couple of days but it's the first time I've posted it on my blog page. In my previous blog entry I provided a link and a re-cap of the August 1st guest appearance on the Grand Ole Opry by Ray Stevens...and I had the idea of posting and talking about this video clip but ultimately decided to hold off until later. Later has arrived and here's that video clip...



The CabaRay Wines are exclusive to the CabaRay and as you'll hear Ray mention in the video clip they're from the famed vineyards of Napa Valley. The video was uploaded onto YouTube this past Thursday (August 2nd) and it's nearing 700 unique views.

Given that I don't drink alcohol I've rarely focused on the Piano Bar located inside the CabaRay. Whenever I've made mention of the bar on here it's often in passing and usually mentioned as just one of the areas inside the showroom. In the video clip Ray mentions the Piano Bar and there's footage of him inside the bar after a concert.

When my brother and I went to the CabaRay this past March we sat on a bench just outside the Piano Bar as we waited for the main performance area to open for the dinner at 6pm. I was too nervous to go inside the Piano Bar area. We could hear the singer do his show from where we were seated and since I didn't want to look awkward inside a Piano Bar and not drinking anything we didn't go in. In hindsight I guess we should have went inside just to have the experience even though we weren't going to be drinking anything.

I don't think I shared that story on here before. I know I wrote a re-cap of my visit to Nashville and the CabaRay in early March but I don't think I gave any specifics concerning the Piano Bar beyond just mentioning it being in service starting at 5pm.

You can read all about the Piano Bar and see photo's by clicking HERE. The bar itself is located within an area called The Bill Lowery High Spirits Emporium. You'll see a bird's eye view photo and an image of Bill Lowery up on the wall above the bar. That link takes you to the Piano Bar page at the CabaRay website and once there you can navigate to other areas of the site to find much more information about the showroom. Concerts are held every Friday and Saturday night. When you visit the site and see the information about Box Office hours as well as the Dinner/Show hours remember those represent the Central Time zone and so if you're like me and are from the Eastern Time zone plan your trip accordingly. The Central Time zone is an hour behind the Eastern Time zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...