March 2, 2019

Ray Stevens sings "That's Life"...

Hello all...it's hard to believe that one year ago, well, a year ago yesterday (March 1st) my brother and I were in Nashville, Tennessee at the Ray Stevens CabaRay dinner theater. I have a week off later this month from work but I don't know if I'll return to Nashville later this month or wait until sometime in the summer. I get two weeks off each year but the company I work for doesn't allow employees to take both weeks consecutively...so I'll more than likely plan a visit to the CabaRay during my next vacation...but then again the last week of this month is when I've put in for my vacation so who knows...perhaps I may be able to squeeze in a trip to the CabaRay during the last Friday or Saturday of March...but plans such as those are up in the air. As of this writing, however, I'm leaning toward a CabaRay visit during my second vacation week in the summer. The upcoming series of concerts are set to get underway on March 14th and those weekend concerts (Thursday through Saturday and some months Friday and Saturday) will run throughout the year. I'm hoping some new episodes of his CabaRay Nashville television series will go into production this calendar year as well. I say that because of the fact that the series has returned to the RFD-TV airwaves (in addition to it's locally syndicated PBS airings) and eventually new episodes will be in demand. I'm sure new episodes will surface to meet that demand, though. As of this writing there have been 78 half hour episodes produced of the CabaRay Nashville series.

A performance from Ray at the CabaRay was uploaded onto YouTube recently. In the video clip he's performing "That's Life", one of Frank Sinatra's classic hits. Ray had recorded his version on Ray Stevens Sings Sinatra...Say What?!?, a collection released in the summer of 2008 through his own Clyde Records label and as a result it was exclusively available on Ray's on-line store for nearly a year. In February of 2009 the CD saw wider distribution as it became available on Amazon and other on-line stores via Curb Records. The CD/Mp3 would eventually get re-issued by Curb Records in the fall of 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...