June 19, 2019

Ray Stevens CMA Fest 2019: Interview, Part One...

Hello one and all...we're still going through a lengthy run of severe weather and so I've not been on-line as much as I typically am. I got onto the internet this morning and discovered that part of the CMA Fest 2019 interview that Ray Stevens gave earlier this month on the Close-Up Stage was uploaded onto YouTube!! I mentioned in several blog entries that if I find out that it's been posted then I'd embed it in a blog entry and that's just what I'm doing! This portion of the interview is 25 minutes.

The video's description states that it's the first half of the interview...and I'm guessing that the remainder of it will become available as well. I'm not going to do a review of the interview because you all can watch it for yourselves. I usually do a review of audio interviews because I know that some people may not be able to listen to audio files for whatever reason (they may not have a compatible audio program or there may be a glitch in the playback) but I think everyone should be able to click the YouTube button on the video screen and watch without any technical issues.

I will say that it's fun to see Ray speak of his upbringing in Clarkdale, Georgia and splitting his leisure time by playing baseball and taking piano lessons. One of the first things discussed, though, is music education for school children which goes hand in hand with the It's Starts with M.E. awareness campaign. Ray provided some commentary in video form for the program and you can find it on YouTube as well. The initials stand for Music Education.

In the interview he speaks of his years at various record labels and he talks of Bill Lowery, Jerry Kennedy, Shelby Singleton, Charlie McCoy, Elvis, and others. He brings up Owen Bradley having the first recording studio with echo. A truly entertaining 25 minutes. The first half ends with the host/interviewer, Peter Cooper, asking Ray about comedians. Ray gives some examples of some of the comedians he used to watch perform a lot in Las Vegas and says that he loves humor. I'll be on the look-out for part two and will embed it once it becomes available.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...