June 29, 2019

Ray Stevens: Vintage Flav-O-Rich Commercial...

Hello once again...it's been awhile since I've posted a blog entry. I had decided to ease up on the blogging because I'd posted quite a few during the first half of the month but yet that's only due to how active Ray's been and how earlier this month practically everything was centered around CMA Fest 2019 of which he participated by giving an interview on the Close-Up Stage. In this blog entry I'll be embedding a second vintage Flav-O-Rich television commercial that Ray Stevens uploaded onto the social media sites. Last month (May 1st) an ice cream commercial was uploaded in which Ray appeared as a little boy...an effect accomplished, of course, with oversized props enabling him to look tiny. In this latest vintage commercial upload he's advertising milk...but he has to put up with a scene stealing co-star as you can see in the screen cap below. I'd say this commercial is very early '80s...the Flav-O-Rich name debuted in 1979 after having been known as Farm Best...and Ray was the spokesman in commercials before and after the change in company name. This means the commercial may have originally aired at some point between the years 1979 and 1985. I use that as a cut-off year because I think that's the final year he did local/regional commercials for the company...but I definitely think the commercial embedded below is from 1980/1981...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...