April 29, 2020

Ray Stevens and an early '60s novelty...

In one of my earliest blog entries I wrote a blog centered around a particular Ray Stevens recording from 1962 titled "Julius Played the Trumpet". Some of those earliest blog entries, well, they can come across too amateurish and maybe this one will come across that way several years from now. Ray recently uploaded an audio clip on YouTube of his 1962 recording, "Julius Played the Trumpet". I was never in a high school marching band but one of my older sisters happened to be. She played a french horn. In this novelty you'll hear a brief tale of a trumpet player in a Georgia high school marching band who's having trouble with stuck keys and the anger from the band director whose name is exaggerated German-Austrian. I'm sure the last name is fictional but here's my attempt at spelling it: Mr. Schelbergraubanheimen. When you hear the song see if you yourself can spell the band director's name! The song comes from Ray's debut studio album from 1962 titled 1,837 Seconds of Humor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...