April 6, 2020

Ray Stevens: Photo Session Photo...

Hello once again! I know the title of this latest fan created Ray Stevens blog entry isn't too creative...simply titled 'Photo Session Photo'...but earlier today a photo of Ray from 1975 appeared on his social media sites. The photo is an out-take during a photo session in the woods. I'm assuming the session took place somewhere in Centennial Park in downtown Nashville (where the giant replica of the Parthenon sits) or it could very well have taken place elsewhere. The photo more or less gives me a chance to reignite the clean-shaven/bearded Ray Stevens topic I return to from time to time.

Ray Stevens, 1975.
This is the photo that graced the social media sites of Ray Stevens earlier this afternoon. If you're familiar with the 1975 compilation album, The Very Best of Ray Stevens, then you'll be familiar with the wooded backdrop. I imagine there were dozens of photos taken during the session. I've seen other photos of Ray from this session. One such photo appears on a 1980 issue of Country Song Roundup. That very same image also appears on an album that was released on Ray in Australia. The sheet music for "Indian Love Call", one of Ray's hit songs in 1975, features a photo of Ray from this photo session, too. There is another photo of Ray posing behind that unique looking tree and that photo can be found in the liner notes of a 1997 CD released on Rhino Records, The Best of Ray Stevens. A close-up photo of Ray from the photo session appears on the cover of a compilation from Madacy Records titled The Collection. If we dig even further there's a very obscure photo of Ray in a wooded setting...clean-shaven and wearing sunglasses...posing next to a car with the Warner Brothers Records logo painted on the hood. I have never posted that image in this blog, as far as I know, due to it being obscure. I don't believe the person that originally posted it on-line kept it on-line but while it was on-line I saved it to my computer simply because I had a feeling it might vanish from view. I'm in the process of looking for that image. Once I find it I'll at long last post it on my blog...that is, if I hadn't done so already years earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...