February 18, 2021

Ray Stevens: Upcoming album, "Great Country Ballads"...

Hello all!! If you caught my earlier blog entry then you'll know that there will be 4 brand new albums hitting the market from Ray Stevens over the next four months. In my previous blog entry I did a general overview of the albums but since each one is being released monthly I decided to zero in on the first of the 4 albums. Great Country Ballads is set to make it's debut next Friday (February 26th) as a digital download album. I'm sure there's no explanation needed as to what a digital download album is...but in case you're wondering it'll be only available on-line. You'll visit an on-line music store, search for Ray's Great Country Ballads album in the digital music section, and then you'll see the product page open up detailing the price, record label, etc. The music will be uploaded to your listening device. Whenever I purchase digital downloads they're uploaded onto my built-in music program on my computer and I'm sure that's the same for anyone else who purchases Mp3 digital downloads. I was thinking about the publicity photo of Ray on Great Country Ballads and it was 33 years ago (I Never Made a Record I Didn't Like; 1988) when Ray previously appeared on a studio album in a cowboy hat. It was the second and, until now, the last time that he appeared in a cowboy hat on a studio album. The first time was 40 years ago (One More Last Chance; 1981). Take a look at that belt buckle and thumbs up gesture! The image harkens back to classic country music and that's what this album will be comprised of. 

I don't exactly know, as of this writing, if Ray will sing these songs in their traditional way or if he's re-arranged any or all of them. I don't make bets...but if I did I'd say most of the songs he chose to record for this album were re-arranged and sang differently than what most people will be familiar with. I'll be writing about this album the day it's released - that's when I'll be writing a review and posting it here and elsewhere - and so my commentary/review will obviously be even more specific as I relate how the songs sound, how they're performed, and if they've been re-arranged or not. I'll also include links to the music stores selling the digital download. I'm eagerly anticipating this first release...and I'll be just as eager to hear the next three albums, too!! Great Country Ballads lives up to it's name! Take a look at the songs Ray recorded for this album...

1. Please Help Me I'm Falling
2. Crazy
3. City Lights
4. I Can't Stop Loving You
5. Bouquet of Roses
6. Room Full of Roses
7. Your Cheatin' Heart
8. Cryin' Time
9. I Can't Help It If I'm Still in Love with You
10. Making Believe
11. Sweet Dreams
12. 'Til I Get It Right 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...