October 19, 2019

Ray Stevens and the Country Music Hall of Fame: Eve of Induction...

I've patiently awaited for this weekend to arrive since this past March...for tomorrow, Sunday, October 20th, Ray Stevens will formally become one of the newest members of the Country Music Hall of Fame. He goes into the Hall of Fame along side Jerry Bradley and the duo, Brooks and Dunn. The Medallion Ceremony is scheduled to get underway tomorrow evening. A red carpet event will be streaming on-line prior to the ceremony and I'll create another blog entry later and provide a link. I don't know the order of induction. I don't know if they go by seniority or reverse seniority. The Class of 2019 in order of seniority are Ray Stevens, Jerry Bradley, and the youngest of the inductee's, Brooks and Dunn. In this blog entry I thought it would be fitting to embed Ray's speech back in March of this year upon hearing the shocking news that he'd be going into the Country Music Hall of Fame this year...



The ceremony itself isn't streamed...based on the information I've been reading...but the lead-up to the formal ceremony is streamed and I'll provide a link in my upcoming blog. What I do know is that the red carpet event is scheduled to begin at 4:30pm Eastern...and so tomorrow around that time click on the link I provide in my next blog entry to watch the Class of 2019 make their way along the red carpet and into the Country Music Hall of Fame. It's obviously similar to the Oscar's and other awards that have a red carpet extravaganza before the ceremony...only this time it's the Country Music Hall of Fame's Class of 2019 walking the red carpet. The ceremony is usually uploaded on the Hall of Fame's website in the hours after it wraps up. Once the footage becomes available I'll be embedding it, of course!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...