December 11, 2020

Ray Stevens: "The Quarantine Song" now on Mp3...

Hello one and all...several days ago I made mention that I'd heard that Curb Records was going to issue an Mp3 of the Ray Stevens COVID-19 comedy video, "The Quarantine Song". I had heard this bit of information on a radio show Ray guest starred on in early November that had only made it to the internet for on-line listening in early December. I hadn't seen any mention of the Mp3 in any other on-line site and until this morning Amazon wasn't showing it on their site but now they are. The radio interview where the host mentioned this December 11th release happened on WZON radio. The Mp3, at the moment, is listed on the Amazon page for digital downloads but on the product page it states that it won't be available until December 11, 2020. I thought it might be a typo and so I went ahead and clicked the purchase link and I was taken to something that resembled an error page...and as of this writing I haven't been able to purchase the Mp3 yet. 

Here's the lovely promotional photo being used over there on the Amazon product page...as you know the photo comes from the video performance of the song. The face mask and gloves are clearly visible in the photo. I'd remarked on Ray's social media sites that the song is now part of his audio catalog with Curb Records. Ray had previously recorded for Curb Records several times and they issued/distributed a number of DVD's of his limited animation music videos along the way, too, in addition to the audio recordings. 


The bizarre part about all of this is here where I'm at it's 12:56am as I type this and so it's technically December 11th...so why is Amazon showing a message that the Mp3 won't be available until December 11th when I'm in December 11th already here in the Eastern time zone. Anyway, I think I know what the issue is. A couple of months ago when Curb Records issued the 50th Anniversary Mp3 of "Everything is Beautiful" I was able to purchase the Mp3 right after it turned Midnight here. However, I was not able to post a review of the single on Amazon until after 3am Eastern time, 12am in the West. So, I'm thinking that I'll be able to purchase the Mp3 of "The Quarantine Song" once it turns 3am here. I say this because out on the West Coast where Amazon's headquartered there's a 3 hour time difference. This is the message on the product page at the moment...keep in mind it's 1:05am, December 11, 2020 as I type this and the Amazon product page still shows this alert...


I'm curious if anyone else has ever had this sort of issue of attempting to purchase an Mp3 on the date it shows it's available but yet are unable to purchase it. Since I'm sort of a night owl I'll be awake at 3am and I'll re-try purchasing the Mp3 at that time. Once I'm able to purchase the Mp3 I'll make mention of it in a future blog entry later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...