April 21, 2021

Ray Stevens: "Great Country Ballads" returns to Amazon's Top-100...

Hello all once again! As I've mentioned several times this year I'm not keeping day-to-day track of where Ray's digital albums are placing among Amazon's Top-100. Those lists are updated every hour. Every so often I'll go and look and make a note of it...and today is one of those days. Ray's previous digital album, Great Country Ballads, as you can see, has returned to the Top-100 on Amazon's best selling New Releases list. I don't know how long a CD or digital album has to be available before it's no longer called a New Release...but having said that I was surprised to see Great Country Ballads make such a return considering Melancholy Fescue is the one that's been on and off the Amazon Top-100 lately. Great Country Ballads was the first of four digital albums being released this year by Ray Stevens on Curb Records. It was released late in February. Last month Melancholy Fescue arrived and in a couple of days the third digital album, Slow Dance, will make it's online debut. A lot of you already know most of the things I blog about but there's always going to be some segment of any recording artist's fanbase who are much more reactive than pro-active. By this I mean some fans wait until their favorite singer puts out new songs or makes an announcement of an upcoming album on the way...and then there's the pro-active fans who initiate contact with a singer's social media pages and ask questions about this or that...hoping to get a heads up on future activity/releases long before there's any sort of announcement made to the general public. I wouldn't consider myself any kind of insider but I do attempt to be pro-active and promote Ray's music and career in my own kind of way. I often don't wait until a press release hits the internet...if I'm curious about something I'll send messages to his official website or social media accounts rather than wait around and be reactive. Since I write a fan created blog about the music and career of Ray Stevens you pretty much can't be reactive...you prefer to be pro-active...and blog about the latest happenings, in real time, rather than blog about it half a week, or, two weeks after the news broke. Now that I've given some unsolicited advice here's an audio clip of one of the songs from Great Country Ballads...a country standard called "I Can't Help It If I'm Still in Love With You" done in an entirely different way from the Hank Williams rendition most people are familiar with...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...