April 25, 2021

Ray Stevens audio clip: "Stardust"...

Hello all the fans of Ray Stevens!! Some of you no doubt have purchased Slow Dance or have listened to the audio clips on YouTube. I'm embedding Ray's rendition of "Stardust" in this blog entry. In some of my previous blog entries I wrote about the history of "Stardust" and mentioned the music was composed by Hoagy Carmichael in 1927. Lyrics for the song came from Mitchell Parish a couple of years later. I'm sure some of you have heard bits and pieces of "Stardust" all your lives...the melody is very familiar so I'm certain once you hear it you'll say to yourselves 'oh, that's Stardust!!!'. As I remarked in my review of Slow Dance this is one of the songs that Ray lets loose with a high note and it'll arrive when you're not expecting it, perhaps. Ray puts everything into this song and to all of the songs on this digital album.    


Slow Dance, at this hour, is still among the Top-100 digital albums on the Country New Releases list over on Amazon. Great Country Ballads also remains in the same Top-100 as Slow Dance. I'll be sharing more audio clips as the days go by. I, along with the rest of you, don't know if Ray will be doing anymore interviews...he could hold off on doing them until June when the CD box set is released but then again he could participate in an interview next week and we'll all love to hear what he has to say. Some of the interviews that I recently shared in my blog entries were mostly about his digital album released last month, Melancholy Fescue.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...