April 23, 2021

Ray Stevens: Slow Dance on Amazon's Top-100...

I did a quick look over on Amazon's New Releases list and seen that Slow Dance from Ray Stevens is, at this hour, sitting in the Top-20. It's a list of the Top-100 best selling New Releases in the digital Country format. Ray's first digital album this year, Great Country Ballads, also remains on the Top-100 over there on Amazon. When I was writing my previous blog entry about Slow Dance I had Amazon's Top-100 list open in another tab and had seen that it was in the Country Top-20 but rather than make mention of it in passing in my previous blog entry I decided to write a new blog entry spotlighting it's appearance on the New Releases list. Why? Well, it's newsworthy/noteworthy in my opinion, and this is a fan created blog entry all about Ray Stevens and so why not provide that sort of information? In my previous blog entry I mentioned Ray offered commentary about this digital album. It's over on his Facebook page. He also posted it on his other social media pages. I haven't pasted the commentaries here. I'll probably wait until the CD copies are released in the box set in June and in my review/overview of that release I'll paste all of his commentaries in that blog entry. Have you purchased Slow Dance yet? Have you listened to any of the audio clips on YouTube? Some of my favorites from that album are "Only You", "Stardust", and "Slow Dancing".

2 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love listening to Ray Stevens singing slow songs. Wish I could buy it in a CD but it looks like it is only downloadable media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The four digital albums Ray has released will be available in CD format soon. The release date for a box set called "Iconic Songs of the 20th Century" is suppose to be next week. It had originally been scheduled for release in late June...but it was pushed back to July. I'm awaiting any news from Ray's website announcing the box set's release date. As soon as I find out I'll be blogging about it.

      Delete

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...