April 23, 2021

Ray Stevens: "Slow Dance" on sale now...

Well now, all of the fans of Ray Stevens, we've reached release day of Slow Dance!! I purchased my copy real early this morning...some point before 1am. Since it's only available as an Mp3 digital download I can't pose with a photo of the actual album which is why I've been posting the promotional images in these blog entries. However, in June, the box set Iconic Songs of the 20th Century will be released. This box set will contain CD copies of the digital albums that Ray has been releasing during the first half of the year. Once I get the CD copies of these albums I'll be placing them in a blog entry review of the box set when it arrives in June.

I purchased my copy of the digital album over on Amazon. I've listened to the 12 songs twice...once in my Amazon music library and a second time over on YouTube. Curb Records, as they did with the previous two digital albums, have uploaded all 12 songs onto YouTube. Also, as he did with the previous two digital albums, he's provided some commentary about the release and why he wanted to record the songs. The promotional photo, as you see, has Ray dancing with an unidentified partner with a rose in their hand. As I pointed out in a previous blog entry this photo likely comes from one of the closing scenes from his television series, CabaRay Nashville. Ray asks an audience member to dance with him to close out each episode while an instrumental of "Everything is Beautiful" plays in the background. I don't know if the partner in that photo is an actual audience member from the television show or if she's part of Ray's music company and was asked to pose with him for the album cover. Once I listen to Slow Dance a couple more times I'll be writing a review. I will say that based on listening to the album twice the songs I'll be highlighting are "This Is All I Ask", "Stardust", "Slow Dancing", and a couple of others. You can purchase your copy of Slow Dance over on Amazon by clicking HERE. If you'd rather listen to them on YouTube simply search for 'Ray Stevens + Slow Dance' and all of the uploads from the digital album will show up in the search results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...