May 1, 2021

Ray Stevens audio clip: "I'll See You in My Dreams"...

Well, hello all of you Ray Stevens fans!! It's been a few days since I wrote a blog entry spotlighting something on the current Ray Stevens digital album, Slow Dance. I decided to spotlight a song that goes way back...from the pens of Isham Jones and Gus Kahn. The composer, Isham Jones, put the song out first as an instrumental in 1925 and it hit number one on the pop chart for more than 10 weeks. Ray majestically sings "I'll See You in My Dreams"...the song opens up with Ray singing about growing older and he'll continue to see the love of his life in his dreams no matter what. It's a no doubt love song...originating in 1924 and first hitting in 1925...and a series of big bands and instrumental groups recorded the song throughout the decade and into the 1930s. Bing Crosby was among the vocalists who recorded the song in the 1940s and it was brought back in the 1950s as the title of a movie starring Doris Day and Danny Thomas. Pat Boone had a hit version in 1962. Since then it's been recorded by several recording artists who specialize in the pop music sounds of the '30s, '40s, and early '50s before the arrival of rock and roll...and it's also been interpreted by instrumentalists in various music formats. Ray Stevens is the most recent recording artist to bring back 1924's "I'll See You In My Dreams" and here it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...