May 29, 2021

Ray Stevens: July 23rd Box Set Release...

It's me once again!! Blogger's fixed the image problem from the other day. In my last couple of blog entries I was unable to post images...I could still post video clips but whenever I'd go to post an image I'd get an error message. I'm glad that the image feature has returned!! That's an image of the Country Music Hall of Fame plaque unveiled in 2019 when Ray was elected. If you're familiar with the official webpage of Ray Stevens or you visit the contact area of Ray's social media you'll probably be familiar with his newsletter. Anyone that signs up to receive their newsletter typically gets e-mail alerts about the latest happenings in Ray's career. Yes, even in the day of the internet, they realize that not all fans have the time to do internet searches, etc. and so they offer a free newsletter re-cap. All anyone has to do is sign up for it. I received their latest newsletter in my e-mail inbox today...the box set I've been mentioning since February, Iconic Songs of the 20th Century, is being pushed back to July 23rd. The original release date was scheduled for June 21st. The newsletter states that the box set will be an exclusive to the gift shop at the CabaRay and it'll also be available at Ray's web-store. The newsletter contained a photo of the upcoming box set and I'll be posting an image of it in a future blog entry. This blog entry is more or less being composed to highlight the change in release date for the Iconic Songs of the 20th Century box set. The four digital albums that Ray has released will be issued in CD format for that box set. A lot of fans want CD copies of the music. 

The newsletter also revealed some upcoming secondary releases...which includes a brand new comedy song soon to be released digitally and a brand new comedy album this fall. This bit of news may be of relief to those wondering if Ray had decided to by-pass comedy entirely in favor of recording and arranging classic country and pop songs. When Ray decides to release this information from the newsletter about the brand new song and the upcoming comedy album to the general public through his social media then I'll write a blog about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...