May 27, 2021

Ray Stevens: Upcoming Box Set...

Hello all...in just under a month from now Ray Stevens will issue the box set featuring CD copies of the digital albums he's released during the first half of 2021. The box set will be released on June 18th, a Friday, and it's titled Iconic Songs of the 20th Century. As of this writing there's no artwork released and there's not been much information pertaining to what'll be inside the box set beyond the CD's. I don't know if they'll have a booklet or not. Ray previously released a mammoth 9-CD box set in 2012 featuring his renditions of classic novelty and comedy songs. That collection was called The Encyclopedia of Recorded Comedy Music. In recent interviews Ray mentioned that the music he's currently recording will be part of a future project. It means that later this year or possibly even next year Ray will issue a series of digital download albums and then release the music in CD format in a second volume box set. I'm not able to add photo's to my blog at this point in time. 

I've attempted to add a photo to this blog entry and I keep getting an error message from Blogger basically saying it's unable to complete the task. I eventually tried several different photos, thinking there might be some sort of issue with the photo I originally attempted to post, but each attempt to post a photo met with the same error message. That kind of thing has never happened before. When I compose the next blog entry I'll try the photo feature again...hopefully whatever glitch is currently going on will have been solved since I like to add photos to my blog entries. 

As fans await CD versions of the digital albums Great Country Ballads, Melancholy Fescue, Slow Dance, and Nouveau Retro let's all take a listen to one of the songs from his most recent digital album...the Ray Stevens rendition of "You Don't Know Me"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...