November 15, 2021

Ray Stevens: "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" nearing 170,000 unique views...

Hello all once again!! I've been away for a few days...the room where I keep my computer was getting re-painted and it took awhile for the project to get finished. I was able to check my e-mails and check some of the social media posts from Ray Stevens and that was about it. I'm on a laptop...oh yes, I know I could've taken it from this room but I prefer sitting at my desk whenever I'm online rather than sitting in the living room or in the kitchen. 

I was looking at some of the technical information surrounding this particular blog and saw where some visitors were accessing some of my older blog entries focusing on Christmas songs from Ray. It's mid November...and next Thursday is Thanksgiving...and the day after officially begins Christmas Season...and things usually get slow in the music industry around the holidays. Ray will continue to put on concerts at the CabaRay showroom, though, and he's added a New Year's Eve concert to the calendar as well. I took a look at the recent unique views of Ray's current music video, "Hoochie Coochie Dancer". In my previous blog entry I highlighted the fact that the music video was nearing 150,000 unique views! Well, in the last several days, the music video's jumped to 165,450 unique views!! This is an increase of 15,955 unique views in less than 4 days time. I had initially thought the music video had reached it's peak recently (there were several days where the music video was bringing in a little over 2,000 unique views daily) but it got a jolt of new activity beginning in the final days of October and particularly in early November. The flurry of new activity could be centered around the various interviews he's been giving. First, there was a write-up on Ray's career and an interview in a publication called The Nashville Musician back on November 2nd. Then, on November 9th, he was interviewed on the nationally syndicated Jim Bohannon radio show. The music video, by the way, soared 6,637 unique views between November 8th and November 11th. Then, three days later, the video captured an additional 12,557 unique views...bringing the unique view total at that time to 162,082 on November 14th. An increase of 3,398 brings us to our current total of 165,450 unique views.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...