November 22, 2021

Ray Stevens: Latest Comedy Album Update...

Hello Ray Stevens fans!! In the last couple of days the latest comedy album from Ray Stevens, Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore, hadn't appeared on the Amazon Top-100 New Releases, Country CDs, list. It's returned to the Amazon list today. When you visit the Amazon product page for the CD copy or the digital download you'll see the two reviews I'd written. I wrote a review for the digital download and it was published October 11th on Amazon. I previously wrote a review of the CD and it was published October 8th on Amazon. I have no idea why Amazon posted both reviews on both product pages rather than keeping each review separate. My review for the digital download has received 1 helpful rating. The review I wrote for the CD copy has gotten 5 helpful ratings. The two reviews are mostly the same except for some specific editing on my part. When I wrote the CD review I mentioned the liner notes and musician credits in the fold-out cover. Now, obviously, when I edited that review for the digital download I took out the section that mentioned the fold-out cover and musician credits since it obviously didn't apply to a digital download. Anyway, Amazon has both reviews posted on each product page. 

An updated look at the YouTube unique views for "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" finds the video with 183,442. This is a pickup of 6,441 from by last check-in on the totals back on November 18th. "Hoochie Coochie Dancer" is the lead-off song on Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore. Track two is "Coco Cabana Band" followed by "Gas". Elsewhere on the comedy album is "The Quarantine Song" and "Red Hot Chili Cookoff". I hope Ray puts out a video of the title track, "Ain't Nothin' Funny Anymore", or "Dis-Connected". I think either song would strike a chord with people...and it's with online music video that Ray Stevens reaches the general public nowadays.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...