August 1, 2020

Ray Stevens: It's August...COVID-19 still lingers...

Ray Stevens; 2020
Hello Ray Stevens fans!! As we enter the month of August let me go check...yes, COVID-19 still lingers...and in some States there have been increases in cases. I've more or less come to the belief that practically everyone has the virus but just doesn't realize it and, facemasks or no facemasks, it isn't going to stop people from coming down with the virus. That's just my opinion. If my math is correct next month will mark half a year since COVID-19 upended the country. It was in mid to late March when the country went into the tail-spin of shutting down the economy and people went into a panic...there's still limits on how many health and hygiene products a person can buy at a store following the hoarding that took place in the early days and weeks of the pandemic. Tennessee remains in their phrase two re-opening. Keep in mind that, for the most part, these re-openings are arbitrary. Any State Governor can use "science" as their reasoning but at the same time it should be perfectly fine to base reasoning on facts instead of scientific hypothesis. Ray's CabaRay showroom will remain closed. An announcement on the showroom's Facebook page reported that the showroom would remain closed through August 16th. I'm sure once that date arrives another message will be posted saying the showroom will remain closed for the remainder of the month. I say that based on the pattern since April. It's frustrating, to me, that Ray isn't able to put on concerts at his CabaRay. As a fan of his and as the author/creator of this blog it impacts me because I'm not being given the opportunity to write about the happenings at the CabaRay nor promote his concerts through this blog as I would have if not for the pandemic. So yes, I feel denied that opportunity...

In "Quarantined" Ray touches on all of the issues that surround COVID-19...from the lockdowns to the 2 weeks quarantines to stores with empty shelves. It's a song that captures society's frustrations and annoyances. In a blog entry from July 31st I reported that the video had obtained 804,737 unique views. I checked the numbers this morning and they've jumped up an additional 11,570 for a total of 816,307 unique views!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...