August 10, 2020

Ray Stevens performs "I'm Kissin' You Goodbye"...

Hello all...it's me once again! Long time fans of Ray Stevens should be aware of this particular recording, "I'm Kissin' You Goodbye". It's the opening track of his 1984 album, He Thinks He's Ray Stevens. In fact, it was the first single release (promo-only) sent to radio stations in the fall of 1984. However, disc jockeys at the time began playing a song from the album, "Mississippi Squirrel Revival", instead of the official single.

One thing led to another and the squirrel ultimately was issued as a single...and the rest is history. If you have the 1984 album then you know, as I do, all of the songs are hilarious in their own way. "I'm Kissin' You Goodbye", for example, was one of my grandfather's favorite songs from that album even though he and I heard "Mississippi Squirrel Revival" first, on a jukebox in a local pizza place, which led us to the 1984 album.

Ray's performance of "I'm Kissin' You Goodbye" comes from an episode of his television series, CabaRay Nashville...and it's a very engaging performance...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your appreciation for the music of Ray Stevens...leave a comment...